Skip to main content

Police chief blasts cop for faking shooting so he could play hero

Police chief blasts cop for faking shooting so he could play hero


A longtime Alabama cop staged a shooting and sent out a fake distress call last month, risking the lives of fellow officers — so that he would come off as a hero,  a police chief said.
Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith told reporters Thursday that department brass are now seeking warrants for criminal mischief, false reporting and discharging a firearm in city limits against Officer Patrick Buchanan for the July 21 distress call in an isolated area near Tarrant, AL.com reports.
“This officer did a lot on that night to present a false image of heroism,” Smith said. “He endangered the lives of the community by discharging his firearm, and also other officers, as they responded from all over the city to be at his side and do everything that they can to help.”
Buchanan had been patrolling near railroad tracks when he put out a call of shots fired as gunfire rang out in the background, but never finished his report to a dispatcher. A cop from nearby Tarrant later found his police car with a bullet hole through its front window, while Buchanan was discovered near the railroad tracks “appearing to be unconscious” and holding his gun while moaning, Smith said.
Police then blocked off roads to rush Buchanan to the hospital after the distress call was initially sent out as a report of an officer shot.
But the cop was later found completely unharmed at a hospital, the police chief said.
“Our investigation has concluded that this entire event has been a hoax — the radio call, the shots fired, the help call, lying injured on the tracks, the damage to the police car — all a hoax,” Smith told reporters. “We found nothing to support the officer’s accounts of this incident.”
Buchanan has been relieved of his duties and remains on paid administrative leave pending an internal affairs investigation. He graduated from the police academy in 2012 and has been previously reprimanded by supervisors for filing false reports, AL.com reports.
The incident was a clear case of “stolen valor,” one that has left the department “polarized and hanging its head low in disbelief,” Smith told reporters, according to WVTM.
Birmingham’s mayor, meanwhile, said the incident was flatly embarrassing.
“When we have an act like this, that’s pretty stupid and dumb, it makes me mad,” Mayor Randall Woodfin told WVTM. “We can’t have these type of things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija: Nigerians react as Khafi moans while having sex with Gedoni again (videos)

BBNaija: Nigerians react as Khafi moans while having sex with Gedoni again (videos) Khafi and Gedoni took away the stress of escaping being nominated for eviction by having sex and this time it was quite sensual as Khafi was heard moaning.  This is coming after a video of Gedoni saying that he sometimes deliberately put Kiwi fruit in his mouth to make Khafi stay off him since she is allergic to it, surfaced. Here is a video which captured the moment the couple engaged in another round of sex with Khafi moaning.  I’m_Divine_Chris @ImDivineChris1 Khaffi and Gedoni, smooching and moaning already # BBNaijaTwist # BBNaija2019 # khafi # Gedoni 98 1:14 AM - Jul 30, 2019 Twitter Ads info and privacy 19 people are talking about this Jenny Slimm @JennySlimm They should have put off the mike now # gedoni and # khafi 119 1:48 AM - Jul 30, 2019 Twi...

Viral photo of SA pantless dancer Zodwa Wabantu being touched in her private parts by a male fan

Viral photo of SA pantless dancer Zodwa Wabantu being touched in her private parts by a male fan. During a recent event, controversial South African pantless dancer,   Zodwa Wabantu  gave some of her fans the opportunity of getting closer to her by jumping into the crowd, a move which was captured. In the picture, a male fan was pictured reaching for her private parts while another was seen going for her boobs.

Photo shows alleged El Paso gunman Patrick Crusius holding long rifle as he enters Walmart

Photo shows alleged El Paso gunman Patrick Crusius holding long rifle as he enters Walmart A surveillance still released by KTSM 9 News shows the alleged shooter. KTSM This is the 21-year-old gunman authorities say walked into an El Paso, Texas Walmart and slaughtered at least 18 people with an AK-47-style assault rifle. The suspect was identified by authorities as Patrick Crusius, 21, of Allen,   ABC News reported . He was “taken into custody without incident” El Paso Police Department Sgt. Robert Gomez said.  His motive was not immediately known, Gomez said. A surveillance still  released by KTSM 9 News  shows the alleged shooter looking to his left as he walks through the automatic doors with his weapon pointed ahead. The man is dressed in cargo pants and a black T-shirt, and appears to be wearing yellow-tinted tactical glasses and shooting earmuffs